Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hola Estados Unidos!

Back in the US and it is a slight culture shock!
It was one of the best weeks I have ever had in my life, what a different world! I don't even know how to completely process things right now and have to decide what is most important about this trip and how to explain it all to you readers out there. It is a crazy different world in this other country, with very different people (though identical to us at the same time).
It was very refreshing to be surrounded by a community of the most welcoming and happy people i have ever met in my life. And although they aren't completely content and lack some essential necessities, they are so happy and want to learn!
Over the next couple weeks I will slowly recap the most essential and shocking parts of my trip and fill you in on a life after Duran, Ecuador, and my slow (but good) understanding of what I experienced!


Our group at the Hemiciclo de la Rotonda on the Malecon (Guayaquil boardwalk)

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. good for you!! that must have been an unbelievable experience. i'm looking forward to hearing your stories!

    ReplyDelete